I never thought the day would come that I would create my own blog. Mostly because I’ve been scared of the unknown…my close friends and family will attest to the fact that I am not the most technically savvy of our group (my cell phone is almost three years old if that gives you a clue), but alas, here I am. A blogger, with my very own blog spot.
First things first, I’d like to introduce you to the soon to be star of this blog, William Prescott Crutchlow, (aka, Will). Will is my 28 month old son, and the love of my life. I’m depending on him to provide the creative material I need to keep this thing going! Here he is, looking quite bored, at his Grandma Sue's 60th birthday party two weekends ago. Contrary to the expression caught in the picture, he actually had a great time!!
Next I must give credit where credit is due…Will’s babysitter Faith and my sister Alexa inspired me to take this leap into cyberspace. I’ve been observing from afar as they document their children growing up on their blogs, and it makes me realize if I don’t start documenting Will’s childhood in a more organized fashion soon, he’s going to be off to college and I won’t have anything to show for how the years have passed. Already, the last 28 months have been a blur. Since scrap booking is not an option for me (I didn’t get that gene) a blog will have to suffice!
Lastly, I thought I would provide a short explanation of the title of my blog, Second Chances. As I started setting up my blog, I came to the dreaded part of having to put in a title. A lot of people name their blogs after their family, but that won’t work for me, as I am a single mom and will soon resume my maiden name. I could have just called it “Gayle’s blog”, but I felt like being a little more creative than that. So I flipped through my Daily Devotional Guide for a little inspiration, and came across the title, Second Chances. Since God recently blessed me with a “Second Chance” I thought it seemed fitting.
With that being said, let the blogging begin!
First things first, I’d like to introduce you to the soon to be star of this blog, William Prescott Crutchlow, (aka, Will). Will is my 28 month old son, and the love of my life. I’m depending on him to provide the creative material I need to keep this thing going! Here he is, looking quite bored, at his Grandma Sue's 60th birthday party two weekends ago. Contrary to the expression caught in the picture, he actually had a great time!!
Next I must give credit where credit is due…Will’s babysitter Faith and my sister Alexa inspired me to take this leap into cyberspace. I’ve been observing from afar as they document their children growing up on their blogs, and it makes me realize if I don’t start documenting Will’s childhood in a more organized fashion soon, he’s going to be off to college and I won’t have anything to show for how the years have passed. Already, the last 28 months have been a blur. Since scrap booking is not an option for me (I didn’t get that gene) a blog will have to suffice!
Lastly, I thought I would provide a short explanation of the title of my blog, Second Chances. As I started setting up my blog, I came to the dreaded part of having to put in a title. A lot of people name their blogs after their family, but that won’t work for me, as I am a single mom and will soon resume my maiden name. I could have just called it “Gayle’s blog”, but I felt like being a little more creative than that. So I flipped through my Daily Devotional Guide for a little inspiration, and came across the title, Second Chances. Since God recently blessed me with a “Second Chance” I thought it seemed fitting.
With that being said, let the blogging begin!
Welcome to the Blogosphere!!! Looking forward to the see all your posts!!
ReplyDelete