Thursday, January 21, 2010

Sorry, it's been awhile!

I haven't blogged in awhile...sorry Kristin! Life has been pretty busy, but there really are no excuses for going this long without a post.

Big events since my last post:
  • Thanksgiving
  • Kristin made a holiday visit
  • Alexa gave birth to my sweet little niece, Ella Kennedy
  • Dad moved to Columbia
  • I celebrated my 31st birthday
  • Christmas (Will was so much fun and really "got" Santa for the first time)
  • 2010 arrived
  • Will turned 3 and celebrated with a big bounce house birthday party
Speaking of Will turning 3, he is growing up so fast! In just the last week it has become increasingly obvious that my baby has turned into a little boy. Last Sunday Will sat in church with me until the children's sermon, and then he joined the rest of the kids for children's church. In the past I've put Will in the nursery during church and Sunday School, but now that he's 3, I figure it is time for him to learn to sit still in church. I was a little nervous about it, but he did great and at one point while we were praying, I peeked over at him and saw him sitting there with his eyes closed and his hands folded, just like everyone else! It was one of those priceless moments.

This week we have finally gotten serious about potty training. I was off on Monday for MLK Day, so Will got to practice for a day at home before wearing his "big boy underwear" to school on Tuesday. He did really well and only had one accident all day. Yesterday was not quite as successful, but I think with a little more time and patience, he should have the hang of it. In the meantime, it sure does make every trip out in public a gamble!

Will took his first trip to the dentist this morning. I had a regular 6 month cleaning so I arranged to take Will along so that he could have a check up and see what happens at the dentist. He was a little wary of Dr. Kevin at first, but warmed up very quickly to the hygienist. After he saw that I survived my cleaning, he even let her count all of his teeth and polish the front ones. He liked going for a ride in the chair, and his favorite part was filling the rinse cup up with water and swishing before spitting it down the drain. He was also highly entertained by the "chicken balloons" Dr. Kevin made out of the latex gloves.

Guess that's all for now - pictures to come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment