Monday, July 6, 2009

Italy - Day 1

I've fallen way behind on my blogging, but what can I say - I've been living life instead of blogging about it as my dear friend Kristin would say!

Speaking of Kristin, I left on Friday, June 26th, and arrived in Milan, Italy, on June 27th. We will refer to that as Day 1 of my vacation. Kristin and her husband Brett are spending two years in Milan while Brett is on assignment there for his job with Deloitte Accounting Firm. Kristin is not allowed to have a work visa for the duration of their stay, but lucky for me she has taken on a new profession of being a personal Italian tour guide for all the friends and family that are visiting her! Her Italian language skills are quite impressive, although she'll deny that, and we had a ball cruising around Northern Italy for 6 days while poor Brett had to work :(

Here are a few pictures of what we did on my first day in Milan.

After a few delays, I finally arrived! Here we are in the living room of Kristin and Brett's apartment
First things first - a cappucino and a pastry at the local pastry/coffee shop!

Brett and Kristin


Later that afternoon, Kristin and I made our way to the main piazza downtown




This arch has tons of lovely shops underneath it




The Duomo of Milan (Cathedral in English)





Tasting our first gelatto of the week! Many more would follow...



Couldn't resist getting a picture in front of the temporary D&G store!

More to follow soon!





No comments:

Post a Comment